Gaia's Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currently a simple Roleplaying forum, after we get some members well see if we can have some events happening.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A great endevour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm

For this RP I'm aiming for a more futuristic setting. Not overbearing, but something more along the lines of A Clockwork Orange. A pre-apoctalyptic setting would be ideal for my character River 52. I'm open to some idea's, but my main outlook thusfar is:

• A steelscape setting that is empty all day, but bustling at night.
  • A mystery killer is said to be the cause of many disappearances during daylight hours, and has everyone in the country afraid to move about as they would normally. Because he/she has only ever attacked during the day, and never at night, people feel safe acting nocturnally.
  • The world is slowly decaying. Large buildings are starting to rust, and tree's are aging years ahead of their time, sapping the planets strength. Water is at a dangerously low availability.
  • The earth's orbit is moving further from the sun, so many people have fled to other countries for warmth, causing overpopulation, and large food shortages.
  • Having the technology capable for constant rebirth, River 52 has decided to aid in the worlds recovery, knowing that somewhere in the city lies a genome that will help humans adapt to colder weather.
  • The killer, who also knows about the genome, is using his/her unique powers to interupt River's plans. The reasons for this are still unknown.

Well, that's all for now. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 pm

This sounds like a fantastic world you've made up! I take it you're wanting one of us to be the killer and the other to be River? Tell me more!
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 2:24 am

Alvalek wrote:
I take it you're wanting one of us to be the killer and the other to be River?
That's the plan. Since River is my character, I'll be the one RP'ing as him. Though I could RP as the antagonist as well, if you and I are the only ones who are role playing this. This would mean that you could, if you wanted to, post as two of your own characters as well. For example:

1. I post as River to start the RP.
  2. I post again as the mystery killer.
  3. You post as your first character.
  4. I post as River again.
  5. You post as your second character.

Of course, we don't have to post in that order. We can work out the details once you post in this topic again.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:33 pm

That sounds like a cool plan but perhaps you could play as the pro and the antagonist and I could have only a single character.

River as the hero
Mystery killer as the antagonist
and then my character as someone who gets caught up in it.

From the tone of the story, it seems like River is a bit of a lone wolf. Maybe there could be a codependency aspect between your character and mine. For some reason, something happens that means they need to work together (whether they like it or not)
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:51 pm

Alvalek wrote:
Maybe there could be a codependency aspect between your character and mine. For some reason, something happens that means they need to work together (whether they like it or not)
The story would progress a lot easier that way. But I was thinking that River would be more distant from the characters being played in this RP. What I mean is that he would be like Ovan from the .Hack series for the Playsation 2. Basically he's very cryptic, and drifts in and out of the story on occasion. My character will be more active though. I'll be posting as the killer a bit more than River, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

That sounds like a great idea! Tell me where I could fit in. Tell me what you'd like my character to be/do and how you'd like him/her to act. Give me a frame to make a character in. I'm excited to get started Razz
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Quote :
Tell me where I could fit in.

You would fit into the story (nicely) as either a drastically important scientist, or an average character that relates drastically to the main issue. (That being your character would be greatly influenced by the final destination of the planet, and he/she wants to help save it.)

Quote :
Tell me what you'd like my character to be/do and how you'd like him/her to act.

It would be best if your character had a group of people to "paraplay" with. (posting more than once with different characters) That way you and I could be more versatile with our characters. That being said, you can have your characters act however you want them to; answering your second question.

Quote :
Give me a frame to make a character in.

Same as above. The only guidelines I have are:

1. He/she has to be from the same time period as the RP. (no time travel)
  2. The time your character will be active is at night; the same time everyone else will be awake. (posting a paragraph that takes place during the day isn't banned, but there won't be anyone else outside, making it a bit of a boring time for your character(s))
  3. Your character(s) must be subject to loss at some point. I'd like to have a hostage situation in this RP to really spruce things up a bit. (Maybe we'll have a convert...?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A great endevour Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great endevour   A great endevour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A great endevour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaia's Shadow :: Gaia :: RolePlaying Section :: Role-Play Planning-
Jump to: