Gaia's Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currently a simple Roleplaying forum, after we get some members well see if we can have some events happening.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've got an idea...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

I've got an idea... Empty
PostSubject: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 pm

I'd like to know whether anyone would be interested in making a new RP with me. I'd like to test my newly made character. Ideally, I'd like Dimitri to be a close secondary character. I would like a typical protagonist for my story. Nothing very flashy. No major powers or anything like that. Just a brave, courageous guy or girl with a vision and the leadership to guide the rest of the gang forward. It would be cool were there relationships within the troupe, some minor drama and internal conflict too. Anyways, my character and his background can be found here. https://gaias-shadow.forumotion.com/character-profiles-f4/dimitri-alvalek-t23.htm

I guess the setting would be in a Euro/fantasy sort of world. So I guess other sentient beings would inhabit the world as well but I'd really rather the members of the group not be rare vampire/elf/werewolf hybrids with the ability to shoot vibrant pink lasers out of their nostrils. Hints to skills in the future are fine. If your character has a few magical skills and you intend for them to grow as the story goes on, that's exactly the kind of things I'd like so that the character grows with the story rather then being perfect at birth. I just don't want to make it unbalanced by having someone who can talk to fish and then another who can bend reality at will and deem there to be no such thing as fish but only swimming teacups with fins for handles.

Anyways, post your ideas and maybe even some character designs for it. I'm pretty excited about this one, I hope some someone's interested. Smile
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 am

Alvalek wrote:
Ideally, I'd like Dimitri to be a close secondary character. I would like a typical protagonist for my story.

I'd be more than willing to break this site in with a role-play seperate to that of Crimson and Raven's. Though, may I post as an anti-hero? I like the idea, though this is your role-play, so I don't have to.
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 am

Might I make a suggestion to you DD (since I cannot help since all my characters hold unique gifts, or lack the characteristics of the typical hero) that if you wish to be the antagonist, why not fill both roles. Have a character to use in place of the hero and use another as the antagonist and go from both sides of the story.

Another idea would be to have a ultimate betrayal senario. Dimitri is under the impression that he is helping him (or her) for a good cause but ultimatly he causes a great evil of conflict then is faced with the decision to either try and defeat him or just give up. Could possibly lead to a second story where Dimitri helps the actual good guy. That just an opinion for you guys to work with.

Secondary option; if you'd like is I could make a look for an underdeveloped character of mine and use the story to build his or her story...

Third option; quite a extream and not an advisable one is a three person RP where DD can be the antagonist(possibly folloing idea 1) and I join the side of Dimitri (using the second option suggested). This I don't like because how difficult the turn basis is expecially as it's your first RP. Also it causes the story to move slower as the character will have to react to two things while not skipping to far ahead if another were to want to react. Requires a lot of communication between parties.
Back to top Go down
https://gaias-shadow.forumotion.com
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 am

Crimson wrote:
that if you wish to be the antagonist, why not fill both roles. Have a character to use in place of the hero and use another as the antagonist and go from both sides of the story.
Those would be good ideas, were I an antagonist. Antiheros are protagonists, but with a vigilante outlook.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

It would be awesome to have an antagonist (or a group there of). Again, however, I'd like there to be distinct leaders. And I mean that on both the "good" side and the "bad" side.

Obviously this doesn't mean that characters have to be alright with this decision. For instance, Dimitri is talented and has the means to be a good asset in physical confrontations but he is also a peaceful person. The leader, being possibly more rough around the edges may have little remorse in beheading anyone who stands in the way and that could be an angle of resentment between Dimitri and that person.

I would like a lot of internal conflict! Although this sounds like it's going in the direction of a basic fantasy adventure story, I'd still like everyone to explore their characters.

As for your suggestion, Crimson, I'd love to see one of your lesser developed characters come into the story. I'm really looking for underdogs and oddities. Peasants who've become amazing thieves, disgraced and escaped noble children falling into the real world. Normal people who become amazing.

I want the start of some archetypes too. I don't want a master mage of unlimited power but I'd like someone with the basic starting skills of various different "classes" that are usually a part of fantasy stories and games and so on. (aka. Mage, cleric, ranger, archer, swordsman, thief, paladin, scholar... )

I've sort of gone and created Dimitri as a ranger/shaman. Limited abilities but heavy connection to nature. A leader would probably be an incredibly talented swordsman or fighter of some sort. The group could do with an apprentice mage of some kind too...

Anyways, load me with ideas. The antagonist idea is great, the betrayal sounds great too and I'd love to incorporate that into the story too if the first "protagonist" end up turning. It'll give a chance for one of the group's underdogs to take the lead and expand his or her character to his/her fullest!

Give rough ideas for characters too.

(basic template)

Name:
Position in story: (ie leader, side character, group runt, antagonist...)
Job / Skill / Unique Quality:
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 pm

You are looking for a sort of muti-person group thing arn't you the old hero story with mutiple people.

Hmmm we might need to mutiple people and jsut work on an order.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Yeah. As this is my first time, I'd like to keep it to one character for myself but if others want to double up, that's good too. I'm thinking a group of three, to five would be alright. Not too big but enough room to role play.
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Well okay heres my suggestion:
DD: will be the main antagonist; he can be the leader of our group then ultimatly betrays them, attempting to kill them after they help him attain power or what ever. Possible a sub character.
Alva: You can have your secondary character.
Myself: I will have two characters one possibly becomming a leader after they are betrayed. Other I plan to kill off for drama >.>

Probably could get Raven to have a character so we have a difference in personalities.

As per the story as a basic structure of a story I suggest it basically something like:
Team go to help the bad guy gain a power
Team is betrayed and the remainders decide to stop him because it was their fault
Team goes and hunts the new evil

First section would mainly focus on the relationship building between them.
Second would be research on how to bea him after the initial betrayal.
Third they have to get or do something to weaken him then they will kill him.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 8:54 pm

Sounds pretty interesting but it's not quite the feel I was going for.

My thoughts were,

- Two people meet up and chose to make their way to the capital (big city, kingdom center or whatever) to help the king/queen/emperor... protect against a rival country. So these people would be the true protagonist and the sidekick figure or best friend.

- Along the way they meet people like Dimitri and whomever else who end up tagging along for their own reasons. (safety in traveling, similar destination ...)

(from this point, I've got two ideas.)

1) Like you mentioned, Crimson. There could be a betrayal.

- The group makes their way to the capital and there they prove themselves in some way (a street fight highlighting their powers or something like that) and are presented to leader figures who set them up with a quest under a leader.

- The given leader manipulates, tampers with and ultimately hurts all the members in one way or another before revealing his true mission.

- The group end up fighting off or escaping this antagonist and struggle with whether the choice to return to the capital and report this or find him or split up.

-From there, the RP will have such a strong base that it'll be able to move on fluidly without little prep.

2) Or the group can find out that the army they're serving under is worse then the one they're against.

- They become apart of a "squad" and are sent into the army or on smaller missions.

- Whilst under the king/queen/emperor/empress' leadership, they begin to piece together the wrong being made. (perhaps the war is against a race simply because they aren't willing to impart the humans with their knowledge but the general view of this race from humans is that of dirty/greedy/evil people instead of the truth)

- The group makes a friend on the "other side" and becomes part of the rebellion.

------------

Tell me what you think. Maybe a combination of the both!
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 am

I think option 1, since DD wants to be the antagonist. They could as you say prove themselves and become part of the royal guard (Let say they defeated the privious ones who were becomming very corrupt). As they served DD would slowly manipulate the people around him, the party, the king and queen, and the prince or princess (which every is the opposite of his characters gender). He could murder the king and queen and blaim it on one of the others (or mutiple) and they are forced to flee. From there DD manipulates the heir because she/he still trusts him and they start to do what ever. Meanwhile the others could escape and they want to clear their name and to do so they must confront him and trick him into somehow revealing it or at least kill him, freeing the heir from his control.
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:49 am

Crimson wrote:
I think option 1, since DD wants to be the antagonist.
Like I said, I wouldn't mind being an antihero (completely different from an antagonist). But if I were to be an antagonist, that would be fine too. I like antagonists anyways. They make the strongest impression on me.
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 am

DefectiveDeity wrote:
Like I said, I wouldn't mind being an antihero (completely different from an antagonist).

Inccorect DD, an antihero is exactly what an antagonist is:

"An antagonist (from Greek ἀνταγωνιστής - antagonistes, "opponent, competitor, rival") is a character, group of characters, or an institution, who represents the opposition against which the protagonist(s) must contend. In other words, 'A person, or a group of people who oppose the main character, or the main characters.' In the classic style of story wherein the action consists of a hero fighting a villain, the two can be regarded as protagonist and antagonist, respectively."

Even if he is against the protagonist or hero and nothing else he would still be a anatagonist, there is only ever protagonist or antagonist classifications in main characters.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm going to need to agree with DD here. The anti-hero isn't an enemy, it's a clumsy, untrained version of a hero. An anti-hero is by no means an antagonist. They are by definition on the "good side". They simply lack the makings of a hero. An example would be Disney's Hercules at the beginning of the story. Someone who's very strong but causes more trouble (though not on purpose) then he causes good.
There's also an anti-villain though. Those are the villains that don't show any particular threat to the heroes.... Like Team Rocket from Pokemon.

(Pardon the examples but they're the only ones I could think of that most people would know... Or I hope they would know, anyways...)
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 am

As for your idea Crimson, I'm not sure whether it's exactly the feel of the story I have in my head. Even if the group is a bit naive, they would raise an eyebrow at taking the place of someone who was already corrupt. If the arms of the kingdom are corrupt enough to be changed, then why serve under them?
Also, I'm not sure that the party would be so easily manipulated. I liked the idea of having the leader (whether king, queen, empress ...) battling against another group that's simply misunderstood.

- A naive group of young adventurers eager to defend their home at their kingdom's call.

- A leader that believes wholeheartedly that he is doing right for his people.

- A military adviser that feeds the leader lies because he wishes to obtain an artifact from the opposing side.

-------------------------
-- My Idea Revised --
-------------------------

1) A call goes out to all the towns within the kingdom to send a representative hero. Small towns elect talented men and women, young and old of all walks of life. The protagonist would be one of those heroes along with others (but not all) in the group.

2) Traveling for their own reasons, other stragglers will cross paths with them. For whatever reason fits the role play for that particular character, they decide to travel together.

3) Being considered apart of a single group, the members arrive at the capital and meet with the various other "heroes" that have come to attend. Because they all come from smaller, farming towns, they quickly lose courage in face of the many other "heroes" gathered.

4) An announcement is made to the gathered travelers (at the very least a hundred people). They are to prepare themselves for a tournament to prove themselves to the king so that they may be knights in this crusade against the (we'll call them Woodspeople for now) who are portrayed as savage, greedy and uncivilized people.

5) Under the false belief that they are doing something good for their kingdom and people, they all decide to enter the tournament unaware of the rules.

6) A grueling trial where some are forced to kill another, where some stay in the sidelines to watch horrified and where some are defeated and must be healed. After the trauma, a hero is chosen and he/she is nominated to be an apprentice knight figure to the army. He/she is told that upon proving him/herself, he/she will grow to take a position as a lord of the kingdom (which is very appealing to a peasant/ farmer's son/daughter)

7) The mission is given by the uncomfortably close general who talks about a book that highlights the enemies plans against the capital.

Cool The king/queen offers to give the protagonist a small squad of (howevermany people) to help him but he refuses and pulls the others he'd/she'd been traveling with. Despite the irregularity, it flies and there we have a campaign.

9) They fight things on the way, get to know each other, experience some love/hate mumbo jumbo.

10) They steal the book/tome/record/scroll/teapot/whatever and go to make away with it but they run into a "Woodsperson" and they get to know them. Some people are still weary, others who were weary about the war in the first place become happy to see the other side as being innocent.

11) They find out that the book isn't what the general said it was but was instead directions on how to use and where to find the Woodsperson's artifact. The one that protects their city.

12) The group still believes there is simply a big misunderstanding and go to make for the capital again to tell them that the Woodspersons are not what they've been made out to be and they run into the corrupt general.

13) FIGHT!

14) goes on from there.

(There could also be an additional character in the party sent by this general as a "Record keeper" that's been placed simply to make sure that everyone was still in the dark about the real situation.)

This is what I want of the story. Would anyone like to join me in building on this outline?
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:14 am

First off you misunderstood what I meant by corrupt, I mean that they were letting their posistion go to their head. They though they could do what ever they wanted. But thats besides the point.

I don't think we need much more expansion on this the thing about RPs is to get inside the heads of your characters and see how it unfolds following their personality.

Give me a weekend and by then I should have a few characters to use and you can choose which work best. We need to head DD's thoughs on this too though.
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Well im assuming that Alva is aiting for DD to post something and DD is well... himself... I will get this moving again-
I have posted about 3/4 dozen character at the bottom of Crimson Casket, in the character profiles so Alva go check which ones you think might make good party members (try to stay away from Allrum if possible because Raven wants to use him). I will expand the ones you choose to normal profiles which give physical descriptions. Pick 2-3 character you like, DD you can pcik 2-3 as well I'll compaire your choices and decide which ones I want to use. (BTW please send choice via PM so that you don't influence the other's choices.)

Let's get some solid ideas going so we can get started soon.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:36 pm

I like Rache Renshai, Mitrian Sagura and Silem Leara all sound nice to me.
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:52 pm

Taziar, Mitrian and Colbey.
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 4:12 pm

*sigh* I guess the whole PM concept eludes you two lol

but anyways I guess I'll go with Mitrian, Rache, and Coldey they work together well... but ummm.... one of you are going ot have ot be the leader of the group then because neither of you choose a character that I had marked as a Leader -_-'
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 pm

Which brings us to the details.

-Name of kingdom
-Name of kingdom's leader (whom I think should be a non-player char)
-Name of opposing land
-Name of the people there

The kingdom to me should have a really Germanic or old Engish name. Just to pump up the humans vs everything else idea.

I think the kingdom should be lead by an old man. Someone who's easy to influence and greatly affected by propaganda and the old way of things.

I thought a cool name for the land that's "opposing" the kingdom could be NĂ©pi Elbujk or a variation of it. It's Hungarian for "hidden folk" or "hidden people".
Or Sisuhro

I have no clue what to actually name the people there or what they look like (what makes them special) any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Crimson
The Devil
The Devil
Crimson

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:23 pm

I think your overlooking something but I'm going to ignore that for now;
Currently for location my suggestion would like in using the world that was orginally intended for this site so I don't think I could come up with the type of names you are hoping for. Therefore I'm going to leave those decisions to you and DD.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:58 pm

I'm sure I'm overlooking quite a few things but nothing's gathered from stating that and moving on. If you've got something on your mind, talk about it.
In any case, I think I might have lost my energy for this. As I've seen, you've started a new RP anyways so I don't think dropping this idea will mean too much to anyone. If you want to take the lead of this one, by all means.
I'm just beginning to think that this isn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm stopping while I'm ahead before I get to a point in the middle of the story that I don't feel like going at it anymore at all.
I'm sure you could use those characters somewhere more interesting anyways. Sorry for the waste of time, guys.
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Alvalek wrote:

In any case, I think I might have lost my energy for this.

I'm just beginning to think that this isn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm stopping while I'm ahead before I get to a point in the middle of the story that I don't feel like going at it anymore at all.

I'm sure you could use those characters somewhere more interesting anyways. Sorry for the waste of time, guys.

And thus, my hopes are crushed. Who knows though? Maybe I can make a 1 on 1 RP with you. I have an idea already.
Back to top Go down
Alvalek
Bandit
Bandit
Alvalek

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm

With whom? Crim or me?
Back to top Go down
DefectiveDeity
The Overseer
The Overseer
DefectiveDeity

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Alvalek wrote:
With whom? Crim or me?
I was thinking you. I wouldn't want your first RP here to be ruined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got an idea...   I've got an idea... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've got an idea...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaia's Shadow :: Gaia :: RolePlaying Section :: Role-Play Planning-
Jump to: